There are consumables which most or all shredders will need. All
brands have their own but generic equivalents are also available. These
- oil and other lubricants
- automatic oilers
- bags (to contain the final output)
- output containers: various sizes for those models that don't deliver to bags
It's only necessary to have a spare table or a desk with a bit of room
and you've probably got an adequate shredder facility. But there are lots
of things you can purchase which will enhance the operation.
- forms racks, 2 or 3 or 4 tiers - to store the paper to be shredded
- EDP forms rack/continuous forms rack: for standard computer paper
(as opposed to the single sheets that are used in desktop printers)
- bag bar - to hold the bags in operating position
- shred boxes of various sizes, paper and cardboard or plastic
- modular conveyer belt system
- collection carts
- shelf-mounting racks (mount the shredder on a shelf)
- sound reduction covers
Some shredders have interesting options available, which may be add-
ons or may come with a different model.
- letter-opener: slit open the letter and shred the envelope on the
other side of the machine.
There is at least one hand-held battery-operated shredder available.
A perfect gift for the yuppie mobile office!
Shredder Article Index